If you know me, you know I’m not much of a cook. I can whip edible stuff together, but I can be lazy af when it comes to cooking. That doesn’t mean I don’t cook, it just means it usually feels like a chore and I don’t get motivated doing it. So recently, due to more time spent here I’m learning a couple of things and methods from le chef. And I just decided to share a recipe.
- Italian sauce: i) Prego Italian sauce (fresh mushroom)+ Prego Italian sauce (Roasted garlic parmesan) OR ii) Classico Spicy Tomato & Parmesan cream + Tomato puree with garlic sauce
- Pictsweet Seasoning blend (I use for flavor, if not available you can use other spices as alternative)
- Ground Pork/Turkey/Beef sausage
- Knorr cubes
- Salt (for taste)
- Vegetables (Carrots, Peas etc)
- Thin/shredded slices of cheese (I use pepper jack cheese)
- Pots, pans and casserole dish
Parboil pasta and drain.
In a separate pan, pan fry the de-tailed shrimps to remove excess water.
In a separate pot, mix seasoning blend with ground meat sausage, and dry fry. Add all other seasoning: curry, thyme, knorr cubes and salt. Continuously stir until the meat turns into a neutral/grey color.
In a another pan, heat vegetables until a bit tender, then add into pot containing meat. Add the Italian sauce and stir. Finally add shrimps until done.
Then layer the food in the casserole dish starting with the sauce, then pasta next and minimal shredded cheese last. The number of layers you get depends on the size of your casserole dish.
Pre-heat oven at 415F/213C and bake casserole for 25-30min.
Credit: Chef B